May 11, 2006

Life is Precious!


Saw a horrifying car accident today on my way home. At Long Tan exit of freeway #3, a car somehow flipped over right on the ramp of the exit. The windows of the car were all broken. Fifty meters from the car, on one of the northbound lanes of the freeway, a man was lying there. He was face down, not moving. I couldn't tell if he's bleeding or breathing, but I guess it's not a good sign. Several damaged cars stopped by the road, and two police cars were also there. That section were soon blocked by the police after I drove by.

Although I often saw accidents on the freeway because I have to drive 100 kilometers to work everyday, it's the first time I saw a body in such accidents. It's not the first time I saw human bodies badly indured, but somehow it really made me feel today.

No comments: