October 16, 2007

RealPlayer Problem



I was troubled by RealPlayer for about a week. For no reason (or it seemed this way to me), my Mac Mini had no sound output when playing media files with RealPlayer. I've been using it frequently if not daily, so it was a real puzzle to me why all of a sudden this problem occurred. I tried reset settings, reinstall RealPlayer, searching preferences and settings, comparing RealPlayer with VLC, and of course searched Real Networks and Apple. All my efforts were in vain. I could not find any reason for the problem nor a solution to fix it. I could not remember when was the last time I felt so frustrated on my computer. I was giving up on it and was even thinking of reinstalling the whole system.

As a last attempt, I searched the web again by typing "no sound in RealPlayer OS X". Guess what I found? A solution with explanation here!! It was fixed right away after I followed the instructions in the document. Thank God! I wonder why it never occurred to me to use these words...

No comments: