December 30, 2008

Almost New Year


DSC00555, originally uploaded by rwcutter.

Tomorrow is the last day of the year. Looking back on the year 2008, most of the joy comes fun the progress made by my son.

Today he correctly said my name when asked by his grandma, only the third day since she began to teach him for about ten times. He likes dogs, butterflies, flowers, and running on grass fields. He would grab my hand and tell me what he was playing when we came home from work.

He loves the TV show "In the Night Garden" and remembers every episode he saw (you don't want to go to the movies with him because he can't wait to tell you what is going to happen next). Thanks to the internet, I downloaded 50 episodes overnight from all over the world otherwise it's almost impossible that I can watch the show with him.

He learned at least 500 words I guess, some of them we didn't know where he learned from. for example, one day when my mom went into a lottery store, he said "many lotteries" but we never bought or discuss lottery at home. He invents new games and forces everyone at home to play the game as he assigns roles and rules for us.

Last year I woke him up to watch the fireworks at Taipei 101, and I doubt that he remembers it. I think he will remember tomorrow. Farewell, year 2008!

No comments: