December 3, 2006

Pica Pica Day



Today is a big day for Allie's company Makalot. They opened the first store of their own brand - pica pica. Almost every manufacturing company on this island is talking about going branding, but very few succeeded to even begin. The philosiphy of OEM/ODM is completely useless in the world of brands. While people see the benefit of going branding, they often ignore the huge risk and determination involved. Believe me, it's not fun. BENQ 's SIEMENS merger is a good lesson for most manufacturing companies to see if they are ready to risk everything in their pockets. If so, you might have a chance.

But hey, I'm not cursing Pica Pica. I wish them all the best, because if they succeed, it will be helpful for my mortgage. Check out the photos of the opening day in my album and if you have extra money to spend, here the map of the store.

No comments: