August 9, 2007

Resigned

Today I resigned from my current company. The main reason is that I'm going to another company where I can get a better package. Actually my current job is not too bad - 20 minutes from home, moderately paid, nice colleagues, leaving office on time - not much to complain about. However, I joined this company at a wrong time. It seems that I can do more at another place. So, in two weeks I'll start over again in another place.

My previous boss who interviewed with me said he has lots of plans for me, and promises me for promotion and raise in a few more weeks, but I guess it's a bit late since I've made up my mind. My new boss is a very nice guy, but he's too NCTU-style for me (a negative word in my school). He's kind of unsure whether to ask me to stay because we haven't begun to know each other yet.

I'm not complaining, because people here are really busy working on plans for the impact from the merger of our biggest customer. If I were not leaving, I'll be traveling to USA early September to knock on the door of HP, the buyer in the merger. Now my last job is to help prepare the materials they'll need for the trip, and hope that things will go well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Woodcutter,
Sorry that I could not go for our lunch this Monday since a sudden meeting ran to me suddenly.

I am also surprised that you decide to go for another job. Cross my fingers for you and keep in contact.