September 26, 2007

TiVo Time!


Because TiVo is interested in working with my company, I got a TiVo last Friday for testing and evaluation purposes. We demonstrated our new product conceptual prototype to the co-founder of TiVo (now CEO & President of TGC Inc.) last week, when a typhoon stuck the island and most people got an day off. He was very excited about it and sent us two test units two days later. As a result, I spent most of my time on TiVo during the holidays (when I was not cooking or washing disks).

It was not very easy for an ordinary user to set up the whole system, since it requires knowledge not only for audio/video equipments but also network environments. No wonder they hire people to do it for you when you buy one. When the painful part is completed, the device itself and the accompanying service is quite easy to use. Suddenly I found that there's so much to watch in my cable system, but I can't find enough time to watch the programs after I recorded them.

No comments: