December 11, 2007

Flashback - Car Crashed


Found this old picture in my web hard disk.

It was a rainy summer night on July 14th 2005, and I was driving home on the freeway from my office. I was very tired, and the traffic jam made made it worse. The average speed was less than 5 km/h. Suddenly, I felt a severe impact that my glasses flew away from my face. I didn't realized what happened until maybe ten seconds later. I hit the car in front of me because I fell asleep. My car was completely crashed in the accident. Luckily there was an exit in 200 meters because my car could not move anymore when I got off the exit.

What made it even more dramatic was that my cell phone was out of battery. I shake it to sqeeze some power out of the battery to call for help. My cousin finally found me one hour later, and we ended up in a restaurant to recharge my phone and had free food on some kind of banquet. Anyway, it was a weird long story.

I paid around $20,000 NT for the car hit by me, and my own car was trashed because the cost to repair it (with cheapest recycled parts) was much more than the money I bought it. This picture reminds me how lucky I was. Drive safely.

No comments: