July 12, 2006

First Visit to Wujiang



The VP in Shanghai, Louis, took Jason and I to lunch today. The restaurant is famous for its fish from Qian Dao Hu (Thousand Islands Lake). The fishes are alive and big; the head alone weights 4 kg! The head is used to make soup, the body as fish balls, and the tail is fried in chilly sauce. I thought about bringing my camera, but eventually I didn't. Anyway, it was good.

In the afternoon we set off to our factory in Wu Jiang, Jiang Su. It is a small town near Su Zhou, and takes about 1.5 hours drive from Shanghai. The factory occupies 400 acres of space, big enough in Taiwan but small in China. Two of the staff from Taiwan took us to dinner to welcome our visit. Their life in this area is relatively simple (or boring), so they are glad to see visitors from Taiwan which provides a chance to dine out and enjoy some conversation. This time I brought my camera, so check out the album on Flickr!

No comments: