July 15, 2006

Xiao Shao Xing and TMSK



An extra weekend in China. Wayne, James and I went to Yun Nan South Road for lunch. It is a place near the People's Square where many local people eat but very few tourists do. We ate at a restaurant called Xiao Shao Xing, which is especially famous for its chicken. Eating with local people is quite different than eating at places for travelers. Good food, good price, but the fun is the most rewarding if you can handle the trouble and sanitary concerns.

Afterlunch we went to Qi Pu Road. The area is a heaven if you want to buy clothes, suitcases or shoes. James got both his hands full of bags of his treasure when we left the area. Our dinner was in a totally different world. I forced them to go with me to Xin Tian Di. They were unwilling to go there even I said I'll pay, because it is VERY VERY EXPENSIVE! Anyway, we had our most expensive dinner today at TMSK.

No comments: